- A certified Person Centred Counsellor with a Postgraduate Diploma in Person Centred Counselling.
- A qualified Clinical Counselling Supervisor.
- A registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Fully insured.
I would like to share a little about myself, to help give you an insight into who I am and the work I do.
I am born and bred in Edinburgh and have never strayed too far, I really do love it here and feel at home. I believe I am a kind, gentle, caring person and this shines throughout my work and personal life. Having a good sense of humour, not only allows me to laugh often but can also be particularly helpful in difficult times.
I have always loved to help people and I have over ten years experience within a therapeutic environment, as a listener, a supporter and as a qualified counsellor. I have worked in a variety of roles:
- Empowering adults with learning disabilities to be more independent,
- Supporting adults and young people affected by homelessness both in a drop-in day centre and in various supported accommodations,
- Generic counselling services & private practice,
- Counselling within a service for those affected by cancer,
- Counselling within a holistic health and well-being centre,
- Managing a counselling service for black, minority ethnic women and girls,
- Managing and counselling within a service for young people affected by sexual violence.
Although I work with adults of all ages, I am particularly experienced and skilled at building relationships with young adults. As with all clients, I enjoy being with them on their journey; learning more about themselves, growing in confidence and self-acceptance, which in turn allows them to reach their potential.
Whatever you bring to counselling, please be reassured that I will listen without judgement and we will go at your own pace.