- A certified Person Centred Counsellor with a Postgraduate Diploma in Person Centred Counselling.
- A registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Fully insured.
I would like to share a little about myself, to help give you an insight into who I am and the work I do.
I am born and bred in Edinburgh and have never strayed too far, I really do love it here and feel at home. I believe I am a kind, gentle, caring person and this shines throughout my work and personal life. Having a good sense of humour, not only allows me to laugh often but can also be particularly helpful in difficult times.
I have always loved to help people and I have over ten years experience within a therapeutic environment, as a listener, a supporter and as a qualified counsellor. I have worked in a variety of roles:
- Empowering adults with learning disabilities to be more independent,
- Supporting adults and young people affected by homelessness both in a drop-in day centre and in various supported accommodations,
- Generic counselling services & private practice,
- Counselling within a service for those affected by cancer,
- Counselling within a holistic health and well-being centre,
- Managing a counselling service for black, minority ethnic women and girls,
- Managing and counselling within a service for young people affected by sexual violence.
Although I work with adults of all ages, I am particularly experienced and skilled at building relationships with young adults. As with all clients, I enjoy being with them on their journey; learning more about themselves, growing in confidence and self-acceptance, which in turn allows them to reach their potential
Working with a wide variety of clients has shown me how fragile life can be and the difficulties it can unknowingly throw at us, no matter what our circumstances. Whatever concerns you want to bring to counselling, please feel reassured that I will listen with an open mind and without judgement.